Monday, March 2, 2009

Onions!

I just wanted to add one quick note.  I think I'm coming around to onions!

I wouldn't consider myself a picky eater, exactly, but being a vegetarian tends to make you come off as picky, no matter what else you'll eat.  That being said, there is a list of foods other than meat that I'd generally rather not eat - olives, mayonnaise, mustard, a number of cheeses (this is a whole other story,) and, until recently, onions.

I don't love love love onions, but I've been putting red ones into my salsa recently, and I'm really enjoying them.  They're definitely no longer vegetables that I completely shy away from anymore.  So, nothing ground-breaking, but I always like it when I come around to foods that I've disliked for so long...

Also, why are they called "red" onions?  They're clearly purple:

No comments:

Post a Comment