Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dinner and a Movie

So, I know that "dinner and a movie" is a traditional date.  However, it has turned into one of my favourite girl outings.  I'm a huge fan of repeating activities that are enjoyed (something like a routine,) and, well, there's a reason that "dinner and a movie" is so commonplace.

Last night, we switched it up and did a movie, then dinner.  We saw Confessions of a Shopaholic, fully expecting a thoughtless, silly, fun time.  And that's exactly what we got.  Without a doubt, the most hilarious scene was when Rebecca and Luke dance while away on a business trip.  (May make me feel a bit better about my dancing...)  Also, I'm incredibly grateful to have friends that I'm confident would never make me wear a bridesmaid dress like this at their wedding:
Yes, that is a huge butt bow.  And multi-coloured tulle.  Ack.

After the movie, we went our standard movie restaurant - Cambridge, 1.  If you haven't been there and you live in the Boston area, I highly suggest you make it over there.  They make these amazing thin crust pizzas with unique toppings.  My favourite is the potato, fontina, parmigiano (etc.) pizza - who knew potato (sliced and mashed) would work so well on pizza???  They also have these great breadsticks; you do have to request these, though.  And, of course, dip everything in the chili oil with pepper!  (And add a bottle of wine...)

All in all, a great evening.  Boston folk, get to Cambridge, 1.  Non-Boston folk, see the movie if you're in the mood for silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment