Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stroller Saturday #6


Quick note.  I'm watching the Grammy's.  What is Carrie Underwood wearing?  Me and my lack of wardrobe stylists have an excuse for not looking great, but...  Okay, onto strollers.  One stroller, to be specific...

Basic Stats: [Not much to say here.  Umbrella stroller.]  Suitable from 6 months.  Available in four colours.  Weighs 8.3 lbs., and will carry up to 40 lbs.

Who Drives These:  Parents of toddlers.  Those who probably have to do a lot of folding and unfolding of their stroller!  Those who have done a bit more research about what umbrella stroller to get - not because this stroller is better than others, but it's less common.  I've seen the UPPAbaby Vista in the wild on many occasions, but not the G-LiTE.

What I Think:  I'm partial to the Maclaren Volo when we're talking extremely lightweight umbrella strollers, but this is a good alternative.  (Something cool - the G-LiTE can stand upright when folded.)

Overall Verdict:  UPPAbaby's a relatively new company, but I'm not sure that they have that many new ideas.  The G-LiTE looks strikingly similar to the Maclaren Volo, and the Vista is a dead ringer for the Bugaboo Cameleon.  Retailing at $129.99, the price on the G-LiTE isn't astoundingly low, either.  I can't help but be excited to see what UPPAbaby comes out with next, though I'm underwhelmed by their current offering.  That being said, the comparison to the Volo should be taken as a compliment - the Volo is a great umbrella stroller!

No comments:

Post a Comment