Friday, February 6, 2009

My Less-Than-Motivated Week

'Twas a bit of an odd week.  It certainly doesn't help when there seems to be no hot water in my building at the time that I shower every morning.  Seriously, it's strange.  I get into the shower between 6:45 and 7:00 every morning...  There's a bit of warmish water...  And then it's gone a minute later.  I'm going to work on a test.  One of my roommates showered around 6:30 this morning, and she said there was hot water then.  (I am usually the first to shower, so it's not a case of my roommates using all the hot water or something.)  So, going to see if I can get my tired self out of bed just fifteen to twenty minutes earlier than usual.  We shall see.

ALSO.  I went to the dentist this morning.  For the first time in at least three years.  (Whoops.)  I just hated going so much back in Richmond that I was just terrified to make an appointment.  Finally did though.  I'm not going to say that I enjoyed it, but it was a million times better than back in Richmond.  Dr. Davis brings his dog to work everyday; he's this adorable, old pup that just lies there and looks friendly.  The equipment is high-tech, and Dr. Davis didn't make me feel too bad about not having gone to the dentist in quite awhile.

We had yet another interesting discussion at work today.  One of my podmates sent out an email about this kid who got a fork stuff up his nose.  I'll refrain from posting pictures, as they're a little gross, but please click here to see the article.  Somehow this turned into a "Would you rather..."  Would you rather have a fork stuck up your nose OR break your arm?  I voted strongly for the broken bone (it's happened thrice before, what's once more?) but, for reasons I still cannot fathom, there was a strong argument for the fork.  No, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment