Friday, February 13, 2009

A Letter

Dear Dog Walkers of the South End,

I have a dog.  I walk him at least three times a day.  And, when he poops, I bag it and throw it away.  In the trash can.

I'd really appreciate it if you would all follow suit.  Especially if / when it gets warmer.  Sure, it won't smell as bad in the freezing cold, but what happens when all the ice and snow melt?  Exactly...

On one of my much-traversed blocks in the South End, I recently counted no less than nineteen piles.  NINETEEN.  That is not okay!  (Note: I do not normally count piles of dog poop, but I had walked up and down this block several times and noticed all the mess.  So, I decided to see what kind of number we were talking...  "A lot" just wasn't going to get the point across.)

So, I know it's not fun, but just do it.  Pick up the poop.  Throw it away.  Go home and wash your hands.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment