Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stroller Saturday #7

Given that I haven't gone to bed yet, I'm going to pretend that it's still Saturday...  And the stroller du jour is...

Basic Stats: Tandem stroller.  Includes universal car seat adapter (works with all the usual suspects.)  Front seat has 2-position recline.  Back area has seat or standing platform for an older child.  Suitable from 6 months; suitable from birth with use of a car seat.  Available in four colours.  Weighs 26 lbs.  Both front and back seat will carry up to 45 lbs.

Who Drives These:  Smart parents of children with a couple of years between them.

What I Think:  If I had to drive a double stroller, I'd want a tandem.  I just can't imagine driving a double-wide around...  And I know I get slightly annoyed trying to get out of the way of them.  This stroller is a brilliant idea, especially if you've got a slightly older child who may or may not want to sit in a stroller all the time - they can easily hop on and off of the rear platform.

Overall Verdict: At only $179.95, the Joovy Caboose is amongst the least expensive doubles strollers you'll find.  And, with its unique design, you'll be easily toting around the kids!  Granted, it's not ideal for two kids of the same age, but most families end up with, well, at least nine months between kids...  It's not the fanciest of strollers, but the high end stroller companies seem to focus on single strollers, so if it's a double you need, you may have to lower your aspirations slightly...  In the end, I'm a huge fan of this stroller.  I don't see myself needing a stroller, not to mention a double stroller, for years to come, but if I needed one now, this would be high in the running!

1 comment:

  1. Joovy Caboose strollers are most popular for tandem strollers. The best feature is back area which can be used has seat or standing platform for the older child. This is the ideal one to choose for those who have two children with small age difference. I am using Icoo Pushchairs for my baby in the near future I would like to have Joovy Caboose tandem stroller.

    ReplyDelete