Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stroller Saturday #1

Welcome to my newly-created blog.  Who'd've thunk?

Due to my deep-seated love for strollers, I'm going to set aside Saturdays to babble about strollers.  (Holy crap.  Did I just commit to blogging on a weekly basis?  About strollers?  I don't even own a stroller!)  (C'est la vie!)  Here we go!

Given that I've not done this before, I'm not going to start out with my favourite stroller.  Nor my second favourite.  I'm going to begin with one that is a solid stroller, just not one I'd ever see myself owning.  I am, after all, a total stroller snob.

You'll find quickly that I am likely to focus more on what the stroller looks like, rather than the practical usage of it.  However, I'll be sure to give some basics as well.

Basic Stats: Includes stroller, footmuff, cup holder.  Includes universal car seat adapter (which definitely works with the Graco SnugRide and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio.)  Has an adjustable handlebar(!)  Front wheel can swivel or lock.  Four-position reclining seat.  Suitable from birth.  Available in five colours.  Weighs 20 lbs., and will carry up to 45 lbs.

Who Drives These: (This is the part where I tell you the connotations I have with this stroller.  Fun!)  I associate the Bumbleride Indie with hip parents.  Bumbleride is a fun brand, though not incredibly well-known.  I think the people driving an Indie are either wanting a stroller that isn't on every block (anywhere) or wanting a design-focused stroller...  But without too big of a price tag!  (Indies retail for $399.99.)

What I Think: So, I have a mostly-love relationship with this stroller.  It's fairly compact, love the aluminum frame for the most part.  I love love love the Ruby Red colour - the lining reminds me of some Knoll Textile, which I'm thinking must have been discontinued, as I can't find it.  In the end, though, it's just not quite sleek enough.  All the clearly-visible hardware just throws me off a bit.

Overall Verdict: For under $400 (see here,) versatile in its ability to work for light jogging, and really great colour choices, I love seeing these in the wild.  Great stroller with lots of included features...  Just not quite on my short list!

And that's it (on strollers) till next week!  I promise more single, childless, twenty-something-appropriate blabbering in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment