Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Two Down...

(I was all proud that I had blogged for, what, eight days straight.  So much for that!)

So far, the dinner plan has worked out excellently.  Granted, it's lasted two nights so far, but it's a start!  M3 made enchiladas on Sunday night.  They were lovely.  Actually, I just looked up what enchiladas actually are.  M3's made them a couple of times, but, honestly, I didn't really know what they were.  You know, besides delicious.

Last night, I made Spicy Vegetarian Lasagna.  I believe I'd made it before, back in college when I did a similar everyone-cooks-once-a-week thing with my then bf's house.  A couple of notes: 1) I only needed, maybe, 3/4 of the noodles suggested, and 2) it's not spicy.  Good though!  It took longer than I realized (missed the sauce taking over a half hour to make,) but I had a random salad (spinach, tomatoes, apples and almonds.)  (And wine.)  Regardless, it was a lovely night full of good food and good conversation.

(Another goal: Take pictures of our culinary creations!)

I can't believe it's only Tuesday night.  Somehow, the week has seemed so much longer.  I had a doctor's appointment this morning, which was a bit of a shock as I prepared for it - got to get back in the (diabetes) swing of things!  Another goal for the year: Get A1C down to 7.

But, really excited for the weekend.  Due to weather, we didn't end up celebrating S's birthday (with S, at least) last weekend and decided on this coming Saturday instead.  There's also a possibility of a game night at M1's.  AND.  Most exciting???  Tattoo (#1 of 2009.)  I'm going to get the center Diamond Chair from this beautiful, old Knoll advertisement:
(The colours are showing up weird for me...  See here for the real deal!  Not that it really matters; I'm getting the larger, black-lined design in the middle.)  There is even more exciting stuffs to this story, but I don't want to jinx it, so I'll leave you on the edge of your seats for a few more days!

And, with that, to bed for me!

1 comment:

  1. Well, technically, I made an enchilada casserole. True enchiladas involve lots of rolling ingredients into the corn tortillas - that takes a lot of time. I just make layers instead. Shh. Don't tell.

    ReplyDelete