Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stroller Saturday #3

Today, I chose my stroller.  Mainly because I forgot to run the random number generator on my stroller list at work...

This stroller is new to the world in 2009, with a slight alteration on the original Quinny Buzz, which has three wheels.  The more the better?

Basic Stats: Includes stroller, adapters (for Maxi-Cosi Mico Car Seat,)bug net, rain shield, removable seat pad.  Adjustable handlebar.  Two-position, reclining seat.  Reversible seat.  Rear wheel suspension.  Adjustable footrest.  Awesome unfolding technology, using gas springs to automatically unfold.  Scotchgard-protected foam seat.  Suitable from 6 months; suitable from birth with use of Dreami Bassinet.  Available in four colors.  Weighs 26 lbs., and will carry up to 40 lbs.

Who Drives These: I see these strolling around the streets of Boston fairly regularly these days.  (Actually, that's a total lie.  I've never seen this 4-wheel version in the wild.  I'm on the lookout!  But, to group the Buzz 4 in with the Buzz 3 is not too big of a leap.)  I associate this stroller with chic, hip parents.  Chic, hip daddies, actually.  With the cool unfolding mechanism, I can't help but wonder if it was a dad out there that wanted to add a little wow-factor to his stroller...

What I Think: This stroller is definitely in my top ten for "general strollers" (ie, not lightweight, not jogging.)  I swing back and forth almost monthly on how much I love it.  It's definitely cool-looking, and it's definitely got some cool features.  I like the fact that Quinny came out with a four-wheel version of this, and the three-wheeled one always looked a little precarious to me.  However, I don't like the new colours.  2008 colours included my favourite - orange!  2009?  Black (classic, I know, but unexciting,) "Strawberry" (an ugly red-pink,) "Apple" (more of an olive green) and Gold (which is the most exciting colour, and a little on the daring side.  How many yellow strollers do you see around?)  Regardless, I miss the orange.

Overall Verdict: Luckily, I don't have a child yet, and can therefore hold out in the hopes that Quinny rethinks their colours on this stroller, truly bringing it into the running for me!  At $629.99 (see here,) it's not cheap, but not too ridiculous either.  (Cool unfolding feature!)  (Oh, of course there's a video of the stroller.  The lady is British, so that's fun.  It is a long video - the cool unfolding happens right at the end, I suggest fast-forwarding...)

And...  That's it for this stroller!

No comments:

Post a Comment